RE: Independent Living Apartments – Opening Up Programs & Services…..slowly
Over the last couple of weeks, we have tested all our residents in the Health Center and Assisted Living for Covid-19. In addition, we have completed testing of all employees. All 362 tests came back negative for the virus. We are very thankful for that outcome!
At this time, in line with guidance from the CDC, local public health officials, and our Medical Director, we are going to open up some Cedar Crest programs and services at this time for our Independent Living residents. Please note that we are going to move forward in a thoughtful and measured manner. Any future changes/openings will be made over time depending on how our campus and the greater Janesville community does in managing the virus.
Effective June 8th, the following programs and services will be available on a limited basis:
- The Independent Living Beauty Shop will open on Wednesday, June 10th by appointment only. Connie Bilz will contact Independent Living apartment residents that have routine appointments. Residents can call 373-6897 to schedule an appointment. Connie will be the only beautician and will take appointments on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Only one person will be allowed in the Beauty Shop at a time and masks must be worn at all times – resident and beautician.
- Exercise classes will resume in the Social Room with strict guidelines. Only 3 people may attend class at a time, and more classes will be added at a later date. Masks must be worn at all times. Meghann will meet with all residents prior to the start of classes to determine level of comfort and scheduled attendees.
- The Dining Room will open for lunch by June 15th. Two different seatings will be offered. Only 15 people will be allowed in the Dining Room at a time; one person per table. Masks must be worn into and out of the Dining Room. Social Distancing guidelines apply.
- Visitors will be allowed in resident apartments subject to the following guidelines:
- All visitors must enter through the Independent Living Main Entrance. The doors will be open Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm.
- Lyn Soffe and/or designee will screen all visitors.
- Masks must be worn at all times
- All Social Distancing guidelines are to be adhered to and we are encouraging only two visitors at a time.
- Visitors may walk the grounds with their loved ones but are to otherwise remain in the apartment. Masks must be worn at all times. No gardening or visiting in common spaces allowed at this time.
- Mary Bielke will be offering Bible Study the week of June 15th. More details will be provided. We hope to start Worship services by the end of the month.
- NO OTHER SOCIAL ACTIVITIES ARE TO RESUME AT THIS TIME.
We will begin to allow new move-ins, transfers, and move-outs of Independent Living residents. Lyn Soffe will coordinate all moves. A traffic pattern will be established, a door assigned for entering and exiting, and a masks must be worn at all times. Residents will be notified of resident moves in their areas.
We will continue to provide you with periodic updates with as much information as we can on our efforts to combat COVID-19. Going forward, please refer to www.cedarcrestlife.com/covid19 to get the latest information. On behalf of the entire Cedar Crest Family, we want to thank each of you for your continued patience and prayers. It means a great deal to us. Please let us know if you have further questions.