Website Cedar Crest, Inc.
Home Happens Here
Job Summary: Provide individual and group activities, to promote whole person wellness, using the 6 dimensions of wellness concept.
This position is approximately 16 hours per week based on Resident Classes.
Reports to: Life Enrichment Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Develop individual resident fitness assessments.
- Lead group exercise classes.
- Balance, fall prevention, strength training, sit and be fit, tai chi and yoga
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment
- Lead wellness classes or groups
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Host an annual senior health & fitness day
- Provide safe wellness programs for RCAC residents that encourage socialization
- Evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of residents.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. Post-high school education desired.
- Prefer individual to have certification in teaching Balance, Strength Training, Tai Chi and Yoga classes
- Ability to conduct small, medium and large groups.
- Comfortable leading social gatherings.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey enthusiasm for programming.
- Good organizational skills.