Senior Accounting Professional
For over 50 years, Cedar Crest in Janesville has been South Central Wisconsin’s life plan community of choice for people aged 55 and better. We are a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, which offers a wide range of living options our residents are proud to call home.
As Cedar Crest moves forward with continued success and future growth, we are seeking a Senior Accounting Professional, whose valuable training and experience will support the Corporate Controller and complement an exceptional accounting team.
Key areas of focus:
- Lead the monthly financial closing process, including creation and posting of journal entries, reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, and creation of monthly financial statements, all in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain fixed asset records and related depreciation schedules.
- Support budget and forecasting activities, including creation and delivery of related reports to department managers.
- Assist with preparation for the annual audit and tax reporting function.
- Respond to inquiries from the Corporate Controller regarding financial results, special reporting requests and other project collaboration as necessary.
- Understand established processes and procedures, and identify opportunities for improvements as it relates to enhanced workflows and strengthened internal controls.
Preferred training and experience:
- BA/BS degree, with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting processes and procedures, and GAAP.
- Strong operational accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to handle daily/monthly accounting requirements.
- Results driven, proactive, and the ability to work autonomously and problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution
- Generous PTO package
- Six Paid Holidays