Website Cedar Crest, Inc.
Home Happens Here
The Medical Records Coordinator maintains and supervises accuracy of Medical Records according to current medical records practices. Performs medical record duties of filing correspondence, chart analysis, coding and keeping medical records in compliance with State and Federal regulations. This is a 40 hour per week position.
- College graduate in Health Information Administration.
- Graduate of an approved certified coding program (CCS, RHIT, or RHIA) or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding principles and rules, coding clinic guidelines and coding compliance.
- Must have previous experience with medicare/ Medicaid billing in long term care/ skilled nursing center.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, HMOs and hospice billing
- Two or more years of long-term care, in-patient coding experience
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Computer and clerical skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to organize work load and set appropriated priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work accurately with fine details.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines.
- Must possess the understanding and ability to comply with Federal and State rules and Regulations as it applies to Nursing Homes, etc. OBRA, HSS 132, ICD 10, etc.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without harm to self or others.
- Computer proficiency with electronic medical record system and Microsoft Office products, as well as other office equipment
Our full-time benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- 403(b) plan with employer contribution
- Generous PTO package
- Six paid holidays
If you enjoy working on a great team in a great environment Cedar Crest is the place for you.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday