Website Cedar Crest, Inc.
Home Happens Here
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair work in a variety of clinical and residential areas. Experience with Building Automation System, HVAC, lighting fixtures, plumbing systems and motorized equipment preferred. The Maintenance Mechanic will work cooperatively with all personnel, residents, and the general public in a friendly and helpful manner. The hours for this position are 11:00am to 7:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Mechanic will work independently, and will be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and systems, plumbing systems, heating and cooling units, and general maintenance and repair of equipment. Perform inspections and repairs on refrigeration equipment and ice making equipment. Capable of general maintenance repairs on furniture, resident equipment, hang pictures, patching/painting and other duties as assigned. The Maintenance Mechanic will be capable in using hand and power tools.
High School diploma or equivalent with course work in shop, the trades, or related field of study required.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in the following areas is desired:
- A working knowledge of building construction, operational systems and general maintenance
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive vans, trucks, and snow removing equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team
Our full-time benefit package includes:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) plan with employer contribution
- Generous PTO package
- Six Paid Holidays