Website Cedar Crest, Inc.
Home Happens Here
This position is responsible for greeting and assisting visitors, residents and staff in a pleasant and professional manner, answer and transfer incoming calls promptly to the appropriate individual or department, provide general clerical support to various departments as requested, perform duties as assigned in an accurate and timely manner, working cooperatively and professionally with each department, knowledgeable in services provided and ability to assist when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses excellent customer services skills to greet all people entering the building, able to identify staff, residents, family members, and visitors.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and transfer appropriately. Take messages if caller does not want to leave a voicemail message. Convey messages as quickly as possible.
- Is aware at all times of the residents in lobby area making sure that no at risk residents exit.
- Uses nurse call system and video footage to report all wander alarms and door alarms to appropriate staff.
- Make sure all residents and visitors sign in and out in the guest book when required.
- Handles appropriate mailing duties:
- Distributes mail and packages appropriately.
- Forwards Resident mail to responsible parties, as directed.
- Assists with Family Bank transactions and records cash transactions according to policies and procedures
- Responds to inquiries for general information and services
- Provides facility tours on an as needed basis
- Receives questions, complaints, compliments, comments and general feedback from residents/resident’s family members and relays to Resident Services Manager.
- Prepares/submits work orders for maintenance repairs, housekeeping & communications services.
- Maintains correct list of residents by name, apartment number and phone number.
- Keeps wander guard binder current.
- Familiar with emergency disaster/fire drill procedures according to Cedar Crest
- When prescriptions are delivered, notifies nursing, lead caregiver, or med passer under direction of Nurse Manager to sign for medications.
- Maintains campus departmental telephone directories.
- Scans and uploads Medical Record overflow to PCC and files appropriately.
- Assists with scheduling Cedar Crest transportation for resident appointments.
- Attends required in-service training programs and complete required courses.
- Monitors and
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk area
- Maintain inventory of general office supplies and advise supervision when inventory is low
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School diploma
Healthcare experience preferred
Previous switchboard experience desired
Pleasant phone etiquette
Familiar with calculator
Accurate keyboarding and typing skills (45-50 wpm)
Computer experience required, Microsoft programs
Ability to work in a team setting
Ability to problem solve and prioritize
Good communication and organizational skills
Ability to handle confidential information
Physical/Mental Demands Analysis:
- Standing/Sitting – required to stand different times of day. Sitting required for portion of the day.
- Lifting/Carrying – minimal lifting and carrying.
- Walking/Climbing – minimal/moderate walking of general work area. No climbing required.
- Bending/Reaching – ability to bend to get items in lower desk drawers. Ability to reach overhead.
- Hand Tasks – finger dexterity for filing, writing and typing. Ability to operate keys of switchboard console.
Mental Capacity – ability to comprehend at a 12th grade level. Ability to read and write. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to work under occasional pressure. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding pertinent information.
Excellent PTO package
403(b) with employer contribution
Health, dental, and life insurance
Hours for this position are 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday.